Saturday 7 April 2012

Crete 1941 making the buildings

A lot of buildings on sale for the Mediterranean theatre are really better suited to North Africa.  I wanted to make some typical Cretan village buildings so I really had to start from scratch.  Here is the first batch I got done for the 2011 season.  I'd already made some for the test week in 2010, but soon realised I needed a whole lot more:


Insulation foam and card mainly.


Corrugated cardboard roofs.


Shepherds houses.


Bakery.


Typical village houses.


Corner shop, don't ask for credit.


I painted watered down wall filler over the foam for the texturing.


Actually, this is the bakery.


Bit more up-market, but not much.


Corner house.


Little Greek Orthodox Churches.


Corner coffee shop with Lt. Theo outside.


Farm buildings.


Small rural dwellings.


Slightly grander residence.


Final batch, but I still needed to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment